the gfx group is part of the computer science and engineering department at taylor university. we investigate the many facets of computer graphics through courses, research, and competitions. a few of the topics we explore are listed below.
- digital artist workflows
- interactive graphics with webgl and opengl
- human-computer interaction
- web development
- image generation with rasterization, raytracing, and pathtracing
- game engine and game design
dr. jon denning
our primary interest is in visualizing, summarizing, and studying workflows.
see our research page for more details.
our curriculum contains many courses that involve computer graphics, game development, game engine architecture, and human-computer interaction. these courses include:
- interactive webpage design, cos143
- introduction to game engine design, cos170
- computer graphics, cos350
- computer vision, cos351
- surfaces and modeling, cos424
- principles in human-computer interaction, sys214
- game studies, sys270
see dr. jon denning's teaching page for more details.
the tu cse gamejam is a game jam series hosted by dr. jon denning and run by students at taylor university. a game jam is a short, fun, and intense party at which students get together to develop a video game from scratch.
visit the gamejam site for more details.